}

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Healthy, dewy skin for winter..



Hello everyone!! It's been so long since I blogged, I bet you're suprised to see this right now!
Where did I go? Well, earlier this year, I took a step back and had a break, just to evaluate a few things and focus my time into other important areas of my life. But, I am back now and want to thank all of you for your continued support and for not unfollowing me or my blog. So, thank you! 
So, let's get to the post...

It's the most wonderful time of the year, right? Sure but not for our skin. The cold weather can and does wreak havoc with our skin, hair and immune system. So, I want to share with you three products that I am LOVING right now for giving healthy, luminous, protected and nourished skin. 
Oh and because I'm so good to you, they're all affordable. Hurrah!

Step one : 

Perfectly Pure Coconut oil from Holland And Barrett

If you follow me on social media, this will be no surprise to you. Yes, I'm talking about coconut oil! I love this stuff. Apart from making your skin look good - which lots of cosmetics do, it actually does your skin good. It's 100% natural, so it contains no added nasties like alcohol or fragrance for example. Coconut oil nourishes your skin, hydrates your skin and gives you the most amazing glow. I apply it at night and in the morning. If you want to wear this under make-up (which I do) let it soak in for at least ten minutes then take a cotton pad and dab off any excess. Then go ahead and apply your moisturiser and foundation. Result..super hydrated, soft glowing skin all day long.

Step two:

Vitamin E SPF 15 Radiance Moisture Cream from Superdrug

This moisturiser is a fairly new discovery for me, I've been using it just under a month. I was drawn in by three things : the price, the ingredients and the spf (yes, I still wear spf in the winter). 
Vitamin E has long been hailed a skin saviour, renowned for it's moisturising, healing and protecting qualities. Take that into account and add on an spf, a radiant finish and a price tag of £2.99* ,you can see why I wanted to try it. And I am pleased to say, I am super impressed. I love the scent of this, the finish and for that price, I will definitely be repurchasing this! 
Result..luminous looking and moisturised skin.
*price varies due to instore offers.

Step Three:

Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation from Superdrug (or Boots)

The final step...foundation. Again, this is new to me and a new product on the market. I have been using this for just under a month and have been loving the results. This is an affordable, illuminating medium coverage foundation. It does exactly what it says on the bottle, it doesn't oxidise, cake or alter throughout the day. It feels light on the skin while providing great coverage. I wear this in the shade 'Porcelain 1', which is the lightest shade and it matches me fantastically. I took a risk (not a huge risk, I know) and bought three bottles when it was on 3 for 2 and I'm glad i did now!
Result...dewy looking, evenly and well covered skin.


Every single product I mentioned, will give you glowing looking skin, whether used together like I do, or you just wear one of them. 
If you have a moisturiser or foundation you are particularly loyal to, try the coconut oil step only. I guarantee (I'm not signing anything!) that your skin will look and feel better with the coconut oil alone. Since I have been applying coconut oil in the mornings, I have been wearing less make-up . It illuminates the skin so amazingly, I can even skip concealer and highlighting! *Big thumbs up*

So, that's what I've been loving on my face lately, it works brilliantly for me and I am loving the results.

What are your favourite winter skin products?

Have you tried any of the products I mentioned?

Please do share YOUR tips and leave a comment to let me know.

Thanks as always for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment