}

Sunday 10 August 2014

Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush And Contour Palette - Sugar And Spice..



Makeup Revolution is one of the most talked about brands right now in blogosphere. They are releasing so many products and so quickly, I am struggling to keep up!

But of course, this release caught my eye (I wonder why!?) A blush and contour palette called 'Sugar And Spice' - my namesake, I had to get it.

This palette contains 8 generous sized shades with a mixture of matte and satin blushes,  a merged baked blush and a merged baked highlight.




Makeup Revolution have excelled with this product. The palette is black, shiny and really sturdy. There contains a large mirror inside which is also really good quality. I even like the sleeve that comes with this palette, the packaging generally is A+.

Onto the blushes...




1. A plummy bronze contour shade
2. A less plummy bronze and the other contour shade
3. A matte Burgundy berry shade
4. A fuchsia toned pink




5. A bright matte shocking pink
6. A super shimmery lilacy white highlight shade
7. A lighter coral pink shade
8. A shimmery bright pink with a silver veining

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's the first blush palette I have ever bought and I have really struck gold. The pigmentation of ALL of these shades is outstanding. ALL of the shades are super soft and not chalky at all.  The lasting power is also brilliant.

This palette would be great if you are new to make-up or even if you are a pro as part of your make-up kit.

This palette only costs £6!! That's less than you would pay for ONE decent blush. 

A couple of points I will mention are these ; firstly these blushes are so pigmented, you really need to use a light hand when applying any of the shades. This is not a negative, I'd rather have a pigmented product over one with little or no colour payoff.

The second point is regarding the two ''contour'' shades. I have tried them both and they look okay but I prefer my contour shades to be more on the lines of Hoola by benefit. These two shades are a bit pink/light for me. However it wouldn't stop me repurchasing this palette as I love all the shades and it's such amazing value for money.

This is how it looks on my skin...


I applied shade 1 as the contour, shade 6 as the highlight and shade 7 as the blush (shades as I numbered them).

But, if pinks aren't your thing, you may want to try 'Sugar and Spice's' hotter sister 'Hot Spice' which contains 8 warmer coral toned shades and is also £6! :-O

So, to summarise, I Would without a doubt recommend this wholeheartedly. I will get a lot of use out of this during the Autumn/winter as I switch from my usual coral toned make-up to pinks and berry tones. 

You can buy this palette here from Makeup Revolution Store and from Superdrug 

What are you waiting for? We all need a little sugar and spice in our lives ;-)

What are your favourite Makeup Revolution products?

Will you be trying this palette?

Please leave a comment and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by.






No comments:

Post a Comment