}

Thursday 28 August 2014

Makeup Geek Haul And Review





L-R Clockwise : Mango Tango, Peach Smoothie, Chickadee, Cocoa Bear and Creme Brulee.

 I Did it, I caved. After months of deliberating, I placed an order with Makeup Geek. 

If you are a make-up enthusiast, youtuber or blogger etc you will have undoubtedly heard of 'Makeup Geek' If not, let me give you a brief introduction. Makeup Geek is an American brand founded by Marlena who is a well known for her YouTube Channel. The brand offers a huge array of cosmetics such as; eyeshadows, pigments, blushes, palettes as well as lip products, face products and much more.

Onto my order, I Primarily chose five eyeshadows and a Z-palette to give them a try before I bought anymore. Also I have a shameful amount of shimmery eyeshadows but not many mattes at all, hence this order.

Mango Tango Eyeshadow 1.8g

Starting with one of my favourites, I present to you...Mango Tango. Described as 'peachy pink with flecks of gold' This eyeshadow packs a colourful punch. This looks gorgeous in the crease to warm up a cool look and it also looks fab all over the lid. It has a satin finish, it's smooth, pigmented and lasts all day. Love this one!


Peach Smoothie Eyeshadow 1.8g

Peach Smoothie is one I have seen used the most in online videos. It is super versatile, creamy, easy to work with and pigmented. Described as a 'light peach beige with a soft matte finish'. I really like to use this one as a transition shade and to blend out harsher eyeshadows. Gorgeous, gorgeous colour.

Chickadee Eyeshadow 1.8g

This is another of my absolute favourites. Described as a 'matte yellow orange' which just screams Autumn! I am a huge fan of orange and warm toned eyeshadows in the crease paired with a cool toned eyeshadow on the lid. The contrast is stunning. This one will get a lot of use, I find myself reaching for this much more than my newly purchased 'Rule' by M.A.C. This one is a staple in my bag!

Cocoa Bear Eyeshadow 1.8g

No make-up kit should be complete without a good matte brown. Here to save the day is 'Cocoa Bear'. Described as 'matte reddish brown' aka my favourite kind of brown. I much prefer warm toned browns to flat or cool toned browns, so I am really glad I picked this one up. Like all the others, it delivers superb pigmentation and has a soft, creamy texture. This is great for the crease or for the outer lid to deepen up a look.

Creme Brulee Eyeshadow 1.8g

Last but not least, another versatile neutral shade. Creme Brulee is described as 'a medium sand colour with a soft matte finish'. That's exactly what it is. Although, it reminds me a bit of Peach Smoothie, but it's less peachy! A great velvety neutral shade that is great for blending out harsh lines or for softening a brown smokey eye, this one should probably be in your kit too!




Z-Palette Small Leopard

Now, as the Makeup Geek eyeshadows come in a pan form, I bought one of the small Z-Palettes too. The actual palette is magnetic so the eyeshadows just pop straight in and don't budge! What I love about the Z-palettes is the fact they have a magnetic free space. Therefore you can place any number of eyeshadows or even blushes in them and arrange them however you like!

As I bought five eyeshadows, I ordered the Z-palette in small leopard print and it cost $14.99 (£9.41). Z-palettes are available from here

Makeup Geek also offer affordable worldwide shipping. I paid just $12.41 (£7.49) for everything and received my order approximately 10 days later.
I was also fortunate to not incur any customs charges, but bear this in mind when placing an order if you're ordering from the UK. You may have to pay customs fees on large orders.

So, that's all my order. Yes I love everything, yes I want more and yes I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Makeup Geek to everyone. It's clear to see why there is such a buzz surrounding this brand now. These eyeshadows are some of the best I have ever used and at $5.99 (£3.61) each, you are essentially getting a professional quality product for a drugstore price. What's not to like?!

The eyeshadows are available from Makeup Geek Store 

I am so impressed with the Makeup Geek brand. Everything from start to finish. Placing the order was simple, I was kept in the know every step of the way, it arrived quickly and was well packaged. The packaging is also well worth a mention, it's not bulky, there is minimal waste and it's looks divine! 

There is so much consistency across the brand, all of the products are equal in quality (no duds here!) and the choice of products on the website is phenomenal. The website itself is well worth a look too. Aside from the online store, there are tutorials, reviews, idea galleries, advice and education. 

I will definitely be placing another order in the foreseeable future but for now, I will enjoy using these gorgeous colours to create different looks (and secretly pray for Makeup Geek to be sold in the UK)!

Have you tried any Makeup Geek eyeshadows?

Which Makeup Geek products have you got your eye on?

Please leave a comment below and let me know.

As always, thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. Never heard of Makeup Geek until your posts, but now I'm intrigued. These look like a perfect dupe for MAC eyeshadows and they even have great pigment. I'll definitely keep these in mind when I am planning on building my next eyeshadow palette. I love the Z palette you ordered with these :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alina. Yes they are definitely comparable to MAC, some people say MUG are better! It's just a shame people in the UK are put off by potential customs charges. But even still, I couldn't have got five MAC shadows for the price I paid for all of mine with shipping! x

      Delete
  2. Been dying to try out Makeup Geek shadows for a while! Jaclyn Hill constantly raves about them on Youtube! they are meant the be great Mac dupes too! i loveeee every shade you have, the swatches look great! NEED:)

    tash♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha. Yes I've seen Jaclyn's videos too. I love her! Im so happy with the shades I picked. I wish there was somewhere in the UK we could buy them though...x

      Delete
  3. I had to pay a customs charge which is annoying! But still worked out better than M.A.C and i prefer the colours x

    Laura Kate | Beau La Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I'm sorry you had to pay the customs charge but like you say, it's still cheaper than getting M.A.C! thanks for stopping by x

      Delete