}

Friday 29 November 2013

Top Budget Make-up Buys Under £5 (Part 1).



Having spent lots of money over the years on make-up (both high end and budget) I am always on the look out for high quality products with a low price tag. We all are, right?

The British high street (and web) are amazing when it comes to beauty products. Affordable, high quality make-up is endlessly being released and we are spoilt for choice. There are so many brands and so many products, sometimes it's hard to know what to go for.

To celebrate my love for affordable great quality make-up, I am sharing with you my favourite make-up products, all tried and tested by moi and all coming in at under £5! So, you can treat yourself and get your 'fix' without breaking the bank. Ooh and look pretty good doing it too!

I should also mention that I am an avid MAC user and have replaced some of my favourite MAC products with the ones featured on this blog!

So, let's get cracking...


Collection - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation. £5.99.

Ok firstly, I have to mention that this foundation is just over £5! I am yet to find a foundation under £5 I would honestly recommend. This retails at £5.99 now but when I first started buying it years ago, it was under £5. It is also often on offer for £3.99!! So you will let me off, yes?

This is one of my favourite foundations EVER. I use this every day and it is much better than foundations that I have paid a lot more for! I was attracted to buying it initially because of the SPF, being oil free and the low price. I had no idea how fantastic the coverage would be, how long this would stay on (even through a gym workout!) and what a lovely dewy finish it would have. This is the only foundation that I have repurchased over a period of years. I urge you all to try this one. It is just fantastic, I cannot fault it.
Available in six shades.
Using instead of : MAC studio Sculpt (£25).
Available from : Boots and Superdrug.



Collection - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. £4.19.

My favourite foundation's lil sister... Lasting Perfection concealer. This is huuuuge favourite amongst 'you-tubers' , bloggers and beauty lovers. I cannot sing it's praises enough, just like the matching foundation. It lasts, it's creamy, it offers great coverage, it brightens the eye area, it doesn't need touching up and it's super inexpensive!  
Available in four shades.
Using instead of : MAC Studio Finish Concealer (£15)
Available from : Superdrug and Boots.



MUA - Bronzer Shade 3. £1.

I bought this when my contour shade ran out to see what it was like. It's only £1 so I wasn't too bothered if it turned out to not be very good. But,  I am super happy that I did as it is not shimmery and it is really pigmented. It is marketed as a bronzer, but of course you can use it for contouring, bronzing and even in the crease of the eye (I do!). A true multi-tasking bargain this is!  
Available in three shades.
Using instead of : MAC Harmony blush (£18).
Available from : Superdrug.



Accessorize - Merged Baked Blush in Sensation. £4.95.

I was initially drawn to this blush by the pretty swirly appearance and the packaging. I swatched all the shades in store and eventually decided on this one. It is sooo pretty and natural looking when applied. I really like baked products as they don't crumble and give a gorgeous healthy glow. If you like a light flush of colour (which is build able) and you like a dewy finish...this is the blush for you!
Available in four shades.
Using instead of : MAC Mineralize Baked Blush (£20).
Available from : Superdrug and Accessorize.



E.L.F - Baked Blush In Pinktastic. £3.75.

 I bought this earlier this month purposely to use a highlighter. Despite it being marketed as a blush, I wouldn't use it as a blusher as it is a light champagne/goldy-pink shade. It is however, absolutely stunning as a highlighter. It is very smooth, pigmented, easy to work with and not chalky or crumbly. I use it to highlight the top of my cheekbones and on the brow bone. This is one product I will definitely be repurchasing!
Available in four shades.
Using instead of : MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle (£22).
Available from : e.l.f



Collection - Pressed Powder in 03 Translucent. £1.99.

Again, looking for a more affordable setting powder, I bought this when I finished my MAC mineralize skinfinish. I bought the shade 03 translucent so it would not alter the colour of my skin/make-up. I am so impressed with this powder. Just look at the skin loving ingredients : Silk, Vitamin E, UVA and UVB sunscreen. Also, look at the price...£1.99! I have paid ten times that amount for a face powder that didn't have skin loving ingredients in like this nor did it give a natural finish like this one does.
Available in seven shades.
Using instead of : MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium (£22).
Available from : Superdrug and Boots.


So, that is part 1 of my 'Top Budget Make-up Buys Under £5' done. Parts 2 and 3 will be coming soon, so watch this space!

What are your favourite budget make-up finds? 
Have you tried any of the products I mentioned?

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment