}

Monday 11 November 2013

Subtle Smokey Silver Sparkly Eye!


It's that time of year again! No, not Autumn, not winter but, time to get the glitter out and create a pretty sparkly eye, just in time for the festive season.

I love using glitter and I love a smokey eye, so here I have created a wearable combination of the two.



When using cool colours on the lid, I like to use a matte warm contrasting colour in the crease and underneath the lower lashline.


HOW TO RECREATE THIS LOOK...
1. Apply a primer to your eyelids.
2. Apply a warm matte eyeshadow to your crease. Orange is a good shade to go for. Use your favourite blending brush.
3. Apply a light/white crayon to your inner corner and under brow bone. Blend with your fingertip.


4.Apply a matte black eyeshadow to your outer v and blend it with the orange into the crease.

5.Apply a silver eyeshadow to your inner corner and over the black slightly. Line your waterline with a black eyeliner.


6.Apply your favourite silver glitter over the inner third of your lid. You will need to wet your brush slightly with a setting spray such as mac fix + to allow the glitter to adhere to the brush and your lid. I used a mac 239 brush but any eyeshadow brush will do. (This was much more sparkly than I could get the camera to pic up!)





















7.Apply a pewter/grey eye pencil under the lower lashline and blend some orange eyeshadow over that pencil. Apply your favourite mascara to upper and lower lashes.

8.Spray your closed eyes lightly with a fixing spray. That's the eyes all done!! 






For me, when I apply eye make-up like this, I keep the cheeks and lips simple, so I lightly contoured the cheeks and then applied a neutral blush. For the lips, I applied a nude lipstick.

See below for a full list of products I used:

FACE

Revlon colorstay foundation in 004 NUDE.
MUA bronzer in shade 3 for contour.
Famous by Sue Moxley baked blush in 'bali.'
MAC magically cool powder in 'Honey Rose' for highlight.

EYES 

MAC paintpot in 'soft ochre'.
NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk'.
88 matte palette. I used just the orange shade, the matte black, and both silvers.
Avon supershock black gel eyeliner (waterline).
MAC reflects glitter in 'pearl' for the glitter.
Collection work the colour shadow pencil in 'gunmetal glitz' for under lower lashline.
Miss Sporty pump up lash booster in black.
Rimmel eyebrow pencil in 'hazel' for eyebrows.

LIPS

Soap and glory super-colour fabulipstick in 'supernude'







That is everything!! It is pretty simple to achieve and can be done on a budget. Besides the MAC products, I purposely used affordable products of high quality so this look can be recreated by all!

N.B the lighting was not optimum, hence the appearance of slightly different shades on my skin!


So, my first ever blogpost! what do you think?

Will you be recreating this look?

What is your 'go to' look for the festive season?

Please leave a comment below. Please follow my blog, it would mean the world to me. You can also find me on instagram, twitter and soon..youtube and facebook. All the links are at the top right of this blog.

Thanks for visiting my blog. There will be lots more coming very soon! Thanks guys! 

JUDE X X 

2 comments:

  1. Jude can you do an easy highlight & contour blog pleeeease :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, yes of course. with blush too? the three stages? x

      Delete