}

Monday 18 November 2013

My Top 5 Autumn/winter lipsticks...




When it comes to make-up, I'm a huge advocate of "Wear what you want, when you want" but as the nights draw in and the weather becomes colder, I really look forward to reaching for deeper toned lipsticks.

I have selected five lipsticks that I own and enjoy wearing. These are by no means the best five autumn/winter lipsticks. They are MY top five favourites from the ones I own.


(L-R) 'M.A.C - Ruby Woo', 'M.A.C - Rebel', 'Kate Moss for Rimmel - 107', 'Rimmel - Sloane's Plum' and 'E.L.F Cheerful Cherry'.



M.A.C Ruby Woo. (Matte) £15.

Ruby Woo was the first ''high end'' red lipstick I ever bought. It is still my favourite. This is as red as red can be and as matte as matte can be. The pigmentation is also fantastic, as is the yummy vanilla smell!

M.A.C describes this as a matte vivid blue-red.

No Autumn/Winter lipstick collection should be without a 'red lipstick!' 

Ruby Woo makes your teeth look whiter, your skin look brighter and is glamorous as heck. The effect given is one of a Hollywood starlet, a retro pin up and pure feminine glamour.

The finish is matte, so for someone with drier lips, this may be a problem. I just apply a little lip balm before applying the lipstick.

If you are looking for a red lipstick this season, I would recommend you try this one out!




M.A.C Rebel. (Satin) £15.

I picked 'Rebel' up last Winter as I wanted a wearable plummy shade for the daytime. I love the formulation of this one, it's more moisturising than a matte finish and also has that yummy signature M.A.C scent!

M.A.C describe this as a Mid tonal cream plum.

I really like this as it's bold without being too ''vampy'' or ''in your face''

It can look quite fuchsia toned and leans more towards a pinky plum rather than a dark plum.

This is great daytime shade and again, brilliant for brightening up your complexion!




Kate Moss for Rimmel 107 Wine (Matte) £5.49.

I picked up this lil beauty last Winter. This is one of my favourite Autumn/winter lipsticks (obviously!) I have ever tried. Quite a big statement, I know.

The reasons for this are: the texture, pigmentation, colour, longevity and price. All of these are phenomenal.

It is a berry red shade with a modern finish. While being described as 'matte' I would agree but say it is more moisturising than a matte from say, M.A.C. 

I am a huge fan of Rimmel lipsticks, the quality you get for the price is second to none.

I know this particular shade is very popular within the blogging/youtube community and I can see why. 

My previous blogpost 'Autumnal lips and neutral eyes' features this lipstick. If you go and read that blog, you will see how it looks on the lips :-)




Rimmel Sloane's Plum (Moisture Renew) £6.49.

My most recent lipstick purchase. This is the new formulation of the moisture renew lipsticks. These are the most moisturising formulation of any lipstick I own so, they are great for this time of the year! Also, you can skip the lip balm!

Colour enriched with vitamins and moisture? YEP! pigmented? affordable? wearable? YEP YEP YEP! BIG thumbs up here!

For the record, I am pale skinned (M.A.C NW 20) with blonde hair. I can wear this. Do not fear dark shades in fear they will make you look ''gothic'' 

So, this is my newest recruit and I am loving it. Rimmel can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. There are a vast array of shades available and their lipsticks are 1/3 of the price of M.A.C lipsticks!




E.L.F Cheerful Cherry (Mineral) £5.

Cheerful cherry is what I like to call my ''Daytime red''. If I want to wear a red in the daytime, I'll wear this. It is pigmented but not as intense looking as my other reds.

Another reason I like this lipstick (besides the price) is the fact is contains a nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes and vitamins. Super easy to apply, long lasting and 100% mineral...bonus!

As the name suggests, it is a cherry shade. A simple cherry red. The price and quality here certainly make me cheerful too!


Thanks so much again to all of you who read my blogs. The support that I am receiving is really encouraging, thank you! Please like, comment and share etc. You can also find me on Bloglovin' , Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. All links are on the top right of this page.


Do you own any of these shades?

What are your favourite shades for Autumn/Winter?

Let me know your favourites in the comment box.

Jude x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment